Sunday, December 10, 2023

 11/24/2023 Mongolian Hot Pot,                        Controversial Topic: North Korea


Mongolian Hot Pot featured another Korean BBQ at lunchtime - one dish served by a robotic waitress, courtesy of Sunny providing my earlier request I had forgotten. 


Coals are covered, and oil is poured along the rim. Meat is placed around the opening in the center, and vegetables are cooked in the oil on top.

 




My robotic experience courtesy of Sunny!



For me, the most impactful memory I will have of this trip will be the controversial topic of life in North Korea and the second-class status of defectors. A remarkable young woman shared her and her parents' life-threatening escape to Seoul and their struggles with ongoing discrimination south of the border.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

  11/24/2023 Mongolian Hot Pot,                        Controversial Topic:  North Korea Mongolian Hot Pot featured another Korean BBQ at lu...